Driftwood Fish Art

I've been experimenting as of late with some driftwood from our local beach and decided to make some driftwood wall art. This all stemmed from needing to make a gift and I knew this could be a perfect present. I started out by creating hanging, driftwood planters for orchids. The planters turned out great and the person loved it.

Next, I started doing stacked pieces, which turned out pretty cool. I basically used wire that is for hanging artwork and drilled holes through each piece of wood to give a loose connected feel.

 
 

When I was creating the stacked pieces, I realized that they potentially could look like fish. The next day, I went back to the beach with certain driftwood shapes in mind. I was able to find a cool palm frond base that was perfect for the tail along with some flat bamboo pieces.

The beach is abundant with driftwood and I'm happy with the results. I plan to sell these on my Etsy page or at the Farmers Market. I will be donating a portion to the organization that cleans up the beach in East Hawaii.





Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Pork Tinono Recipe

Hawaii Big Island Surf Guide

Donate Your Wedding Flowers in Hawaii